Tuesday, March 1, 2016

~Cilantro Parathas

Having my lunch today, easily an hour earlier than usual designated time, cause I'm drooling! Just the thought of buttery hot Cilantro Parathas that have been packed in my lunch box today is keeping me from all other activities. To get my sanity back... these parathas need to be devoured now! 
Accompanied with Capsicum, Besan & Peanut curry and Pickled Turmeric Ginger...Cilantro Parathas give the simple coriander leaves a whole new form.  Usually side lined as a garnish or ignored by most, Cilantro never really gets its due appreciation.  If you are a true Cilantro/Coriander lover like me, you are going to love this dish that brings this humble ingredient to the forefront as the main dish.

Sharing the recipe for those of you who wish to try~

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup cilantro chopped (stem included)
2 green chillies finely chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp ghee plus more to pan fry parathas
Salt to taste
Water to knead dough

Knead ingredients into a soft dough. Divide into 12 equal portions. Roll out each portion into  2-3 mm thick round disc. Pan fry them on both sides with ghee. 
Serve hot with a dollop of butter (optional but I wouldn't avoid it), plain yogurt and your favorite pickle.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment